Tuesday 10 July 2012

Skincare saviours

My skincare routine is pretty simple - in essence, a facial wash, eye makeup remover and cleanser. I've never really bothered much with toners, as in my opinion, as long as all makeup is removed and you've got the 'day dirt' and bacteria off your face, you're good to go! In the mornings, I just use the facial wash and sometimes the cleanser if I feel my face needs a quick boost, which is more often than not.

Left to right: Simple pore minimising toning cleanser, Body Shop Camomile gentle eye
makeup remover, Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash

Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash: This is my all-time favourite face wash ever.. and I've tried too many to count! I love how it's a foam, so feels light on your skin as you put it on, and also lasts forever. The best thing I find about this is that when you rinse the product off with water, it leaves your face feeling loose and refreshed - my pet hate with most face washes is that 'squeaky clean' feel, where you can feel your face tightening up, and this is the complete opposite. This takes off about 90% of my makeup I'd say, so on days where I've worn a lot, I do tend to go over it with a make up wipe.

Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover: Once I've taken off my face makeup, I normally have mascara dripping down my face.. hardly the best look for bed! This is a water based remover, described as 'lash and lid cleansing, conditioning and softening' which I completely agree with - this takes every last scrap of mascara, eye liner and eye shadow off, which is fantastic. The only thing I don't like about this is that the bottle must be tipped upside down onto a cotton pad to apply, which can sometimes end up in product pouring everywhere - not ideal for klutzs like myself! But with care, most of you should be just fine!

Simple Pore Minimising Toning Cleanser: As I've been writing this blog post, I've realised that whilst I don't use a separate toner, this cleanser probably does the trick without me even knowing it! I use this cleanser as a last step in my routine - it contains loads of lush natural ingredients that really freshen your face and make you feel a lot brighter. I bought this for it's pore minimising properties, though I have been slightly disappointed on that front - I haven't noticed any difference in the size of my pores :( though the freshening qualities are so nice, it more than makes up for it. This tends to take off the last 5% of my makeup still on my face, and I use about 2 cotton pads of it until no makeup is left anywhere on my face.

Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash

Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

Simple Pore Minimising Toning Cleanser

So that's my basic skincare routine, which seems to work pretty well at keeping my skin at an average - naturally I have hideously awful blemishes, but this keeps the oil and blemishes controlled so I have to thank them for that!
If you have any stages in your skincare routine that differ from this, feel free to post a comment!


Liv
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I make sure to read all of them and will always reply to any questions :)