Saturday 11 August 2012

Liebster Awards

Recently I've been lucky enough to recieve the Liebster blogging award from three different people - wow!
These are:
Paris When It's Pink
Buttons Beads Beauty
Talk Pretty

Just wanted to say thank you so much to these people, it's amazing that people are reading, let alone enjoying my blog!
I've already done the whole 11 (well, 10) things about me, so I thought instead of passing on the award as you're supposed to, I'd just answer the questions set for me by these blogs, using them to give you all a little snippet into my life - I'm also midway through watching the Olympic diving (and drooling over Tom Daley) so I may get distracted.. sorry!

Paris When It's Pink's questions:


1. What is your favourite clothing brand?
I used to be topshop-obsessed, but I'm really enjoying the new H&M styles that are in for autumn/winter.. so maybe a cross between them. Though, i'm a sucker for a bit of Hollister and Gilly Hicks in summer!

2. How would you describe your own style? 
'Chuck it on and hope it looks acceptable' haha!

3. Who is your style icon?
Shenae Grimes - I love her in 90210 and she always looks gorgeous in real life too!
4. Who do you find an inspiration? It could be celebrities or people around you!
This is such a tough one! I have no idea to be honest, I'd rather take inspiration from things people have done than them as a person.
5. Do you prefer a natural make up look or glamorous?
I wouldn't say either, probably more natural but with ten layers of eyeliner haha!
6. How do you like to spend your holiday?
By a pool somewhere hot with some music in the background - lush!
7. Winter or Summer fashion? 
Summer definitely! I find putting outfits together so hard so less is definitely more.

8. What's your favourite band/music artist?
I have a few, but at the moment I'm loving Lady Antebellum (long time favourite), and for acoustic guitar type stuff, Gabrielle Aplin and Hudson Taylor are amazing!
9. Do you have any hobbies?
I ride horses, play the violin and swim quite a bit.

10. What's your favourite film?
As of a couple of weeks ago, The Last Song is amazing! (for a cheesy easy movie) I can't get over how adorable the Maroon 5 scene is.

11. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Definitely night owl - don't even try getting me up early in the morning!

Button Beads Beauty's questions:

1.what made you start your blog 
I'd read Zoella's and Sprinkle of Glitter's blogs for ages, and after constantly pestering my family with makeup and skincare facts/tips, my sister suggested I start one - so here I am!

2.whats your favourite song right nowColourful Day - Alan Pownall

3.who are your top 3 bloggers
Zoella, Live Laugh Lipstick and The Wallflower

4 what is your all time favourite makeup brand
Either Clinique (they do the best foundations!) or Collection 2000 - which I think is amazing value for good quality items.

5.have you been watching the olympics? if yes favourite event?
I've been trying - luckily there was Sky in Portugal! I loved the Artistic Gymnastics - despite the fact that I'm unable to do even a forward roll!

6.do you have any pets?
Two cats, Molly and Jake, and I part loan a horse called Comet (MY BABY)

7. favourite food?You could say i'm a bit of a steak-addict..

8. do you do any sports?
Horse riding and swimming - nothing too strenuous!

9. do you know any other launguages? 
I did French up to GCSE, but nothing else!

10. who is your celebrity crush?
Probably David Beckham or Matt Lanter (yes, i'm also obsessed with 90210)

11.what makeup product could you not leave the house without wearing?
Concealer, without a doubt - bad skin does things to your confidence!

Talk Pretty's questions:

1. What's your stripper name? 
Not even sure what to say to this one...

2. What song could you listen to all day and not get bored of?
Lady Antebellum - Things that people say

3. What is your dream holiday destination and why?
Australia - but without the flight! The beaches look amazing, but I would visit in a cooler month, I'm not so good with heat!

4. What accent do you wish you had?
Irish, it's such an amazing accent!

5. Do you have any weird habits or talents?
Not that I can think of.. maybe I'll think of one later!

6. Who would be your dream dinner date? 
Anyone who's offering ;)

7. Favourite Disney film?
I know it's not a classic, but I never watched any of the Lion King/ Aladdin type ones, so I have to say, I love the Hannah Montana movie haha! Not ashamed to say that I cry every time..

8. Would you rather eat raw potatoes or drink undiluted squash?
Undiluted squash definitely! I'm a strong squash kinda gal, so that doesn't sound so bad for me haha :)

9. What is your most inspiring quote?
I really like 'Life isn't measured in the breaths you take, but in the moments that take your breath away', but I have no idea who said it!

10. What are your fears?
Spiders, rats, mice, and Michael Jackson - I know, I know, but I can't help it!

11. Ever prank called someone? If so, what about?
Nope - I was the type of child who would be terrified about someone finding out and telling on me!


Phew, that took a long time! Hope you enjoy my answers, thank you again to everyone who nominated me :)

Liv x

8 comments:

  1. I was actually going to nominate you lol. I've had it sitting in my drafts for 2 days, waiting for something to come so I can do a combination post of the award and an opening box thing, but the box didn't come today like it was supposed to =(.

    Grrr USPS going to crap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! Aaah hate it when that happens - the damn postal system!
      liv x

      Delete
    2. I'll still nominate you, but you don't have to post about it =) I got two nominations, and the post is just sitting there, almost finished (I need one more question).

      It still says it's supposed to be here on the 13th, and it was updated... They're so stupid.

      Delete
    3. thank you, i might do a little joint one again, or add it on the end of this :)
      i've had things like 3 weeks late before, so annoying!

      Delete
  2. Here is the award =) http://polishadore.blogspot.com/2012/08/no-copius-gems-and-leibster-award.html

    Do with it what you will, I still nominated you =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lovely!
      i've totally just realised which one your blog is as well - i love it so so much!

      Delete
    2. lol. Thank you. You're one of the names I kept recognizing from commenting =)

      Delete
    3. haha, sorry, i may be just a little keen on commenting.. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I make sure to read all of them and will always reply to any questions :)