Saturday 17 November 2012

Topshop Highlighter in Crescent Moon

It's finally time for another post! Apologies for the lack of blog posts recently - partly due to being stuck in a bit of a 'blogging rut' and partly due to the excess amounts of schoolwork being piled on at the moment.

However, the other day I did a little online order and found this gorgeous thing on the Topshop website - i'd always loved their highlighter in Sunbeam but found it a little too golden and sparkly to look normal on my pale skintone - so I was so excited to see they'd brought out a paler shade! This is the Topshop highlighter in Crescent Moon, which is more of a peachy, pale golden shade and it's just gorgeous:





The first thing that surprised me about the quality of this was that the pigmentation is great - you only need the tiniest amount of this to get it to show up. I use my Body Shop blusher brush to apply this and just use one sweep of it across my cheekbones. 

Something a friend pointed out to me when borrowing this was that it's incredibly similar to the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle that she owns. While this isn't quite as good as the MAC, it's a healthy competitor, and for £11.50 less than the MAC, it's a darn sight cheaper as well!

I also love the packaging - instead of the usual spots and stripes that the topshop makeup range has, this one is dotted with tiny little stars.. so cute! Like the rest of the brand, it has the original white (turning to cream after a few months of use) background with charcoal patterns, which personally I love!


As lovely as this highlighter is, I'm not going to claim it lasts all day, because it doesn't - it lasts a couple of hours tops. However, it can easily be reapplied for another gorgeous sheen across the cheekbones whenever you fancy - I find it a great top up to pop on top of any fading makeup halfway through the day to give it a bit of life and depth again!

Basically, if you don't already own this pot of lovelyness, get off your laptop/phone, stop reading blogs and get yourself down to the nearest Topshop to buy it - it applies like an absolute dream and you won't know how you lived without it!

23 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely! I think I'll try it ^_^ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's gorgeous! would definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  2. this sounds really nice, I normally use high beam by benefit but it doesnt work so well if I have a matte/powdered finish to my face.
    xxx

    vanessa
    www.vanessalucy.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i would totally agree, it ends up just sitting on my face! this one brushes in gorgeously :)

      Delete
  3. this looks so lovely, I think I may have to purchase this xo

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm thinking of buying a few things from topshop beauty soon, and this is on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, i've asked for this for xmas, but if it's really similar to soft and gentle, then i might have to change it as i already have the MAC one! :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new xmas giveaway to win lots of presents from lush and more! click here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it has very similar colouring and consistency to it, but the MAC one would probably be better if you already have it - hope you found this useful!
      liv xxx

      Delete
  6. This looks gorgeous, I love Topshop makeup!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this looks so pretty, I may have to pick this up the next time I'm in Topshop. The packaging is so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the packaging is definitely one of the things that makes it stand out to me :)

      Delete
  8. I recently ordered a blush from the Topshop makeup range and love it. It's really pigmented, as you've said and suits my pale skintone too.

    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it's so hard to find blushes/highlighters/bronzers that suit pale skin! and to find one that was such good quality was a double bonus! :)

      Delete
  9. I'll definitely be swatching this next time in topshop, it looks gorgeous! x

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely post, looks really good!

    theistyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review, girl! I'll definitely have to give this product a try :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I make sure to read all of them and will always reply to any questions :)