Wednesday 1 May 2013

MAC Paintpot Review: Bare Study


Another birthday post today! My lovely friends as part of their birthday present to me (also featuring NARS laguna, bound to be coming up in a post soon!!!) bought me one of the famed MAC paint pots - something I'd been wanting for a while! I have a lot of cheap eye shadows from the MUA range and a few others I've acquired over the years, but what I really wanted was a base for them, to stop them rubbing all down my face within a few hours.

This paint pot is a perfect example - Bare Study is described as a soft beige with gold pearl frost, which I would say fits it perfectly. It works well both as a base under other eye shadows, and by itself as a sort of 'your eyelids but better' shade (that's assuming you have fair/medium skin like mine). It definitely has a bit of shimmer to it, but nothing that's too much for the day time as the shimmer is minuscule and won't show greatly if other eye shadow is on top.

The formula is described as going on creamy then drying for an intense finish - I would say that because of it's cream nature it doesn't resist oil on the eyelids very much, but with powder eye shadow on top it wouldn't be a problem, unless you have a problem with oil in this area.

I mainly use this as a base over a light brown eye shadow in the day, and as a base for a smokey eye at night - it works well as a highlight in the inner corners for a smokey eye, as well as going underneath to keep it still. I've definitely noticed a difference in the lasting power of my eyeshadow when using this - if I pop it on under a pale brown for a day at sixth form, it'll still be there at the end of the day maybe 10 hours later, which is great!

I suppose the pot is a little unpractical, being quite heavy glass, but I think it's totally adorable, and looks like a high-end product, which I guess is what you want when you pay £14.50 for an eyeshadow.

Another great thing about this product (standard for MAC) is how amazingly pigmented it is- you only need to literally lightly touch the pot and it'll be enough for a whole eyelid, so I know this pot will last genuinely decades (though lets face it, I'll have lost it by then).

I've definitely been persuaded to try some more eye shadow products from MAC, as the only other products I've had are concealers - I'm definitely being pulled towards their 'make-your-own eye shadow palette', as apparently it's great value for money!

Hope everyone's having a good week!

Liv

4 comments:

  1. I am yet to catch the MAC bug, every time I read a post I want the product xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted this for so long, I have painterly and it's amazing! great post :)

    www.andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you did a review of this as I've been thinking about buying it for ages!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Bare Study, when I'm in a hurry I just pop it on the lids without anything else! I agree about the bulky packaging! xx
    beautybyren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I make sure to read all of them and will always reply to any questions :)